2016/04/30 - Apache MRUnit has been retired.
For more information, please explore the Attic.
- March 17 2009 - Aaron Kimball, a Hadoop committer, contributes the original
MRUnit code as a contrib module to the Apache Hadoop project in HADOOP-5518.
- February 27 2011 - As a contrib module MRUnit benefits from more publicity but
development becomes stagnant due to Hadoop's infrequent releases and complicated
build process. MRUnit developers then initially fork the project into Github but
after discussion in a VOTE thread to remove the MRUnit contrib module they
propose MRUnit to the Apache Incubator. The proposal suggests
as an independent project MRUnit could produce more releases more often while
also avoiding dependency issues in support of testing multiple versions of
- March 8 2011 - The Apache Incubator accepts MRUnit as a Incubator project.
- October 21 2011 - MRUnit adds its first new committer, Brock Noland, not
on the initial committers list
- November 28 2011 - MRUnit releases its first release as an Incubator
- April 11 2012 - MRUnit switches to this current new website hosted on the
- May 16 2012 - MRUnit graduates from the Incubator to become a TLP